Primary Benefits of nutraMetrix Isotonix® Isochrome*
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Supports insulin activity
- Help to maintain cardiovascular health
- Helps with energy and stamina
- Promotes muscle health and strength
- Helps in weight management
No Detectable GMOs – the finished product contains no detectable genetically modified organism
Vegetarian – nutraMetrix Isotonix® Isochrome is a vegetarian product
Isotonic-capable Drinkable Supplements – easy-to-swallow supplements in liquid form are immediately available to the body for absorption
Why Chose nutraMetrix Isotonix® Isochrome*
nutraMetrix Isotonix Isochrome provides a powerful dose of chromium, which has been shown to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels and healthy levels of blood cholesterol. Chromium also aids in supporting healthy metabolic rates and muscle performance.*
Isochrome is delivered in isotonic form, which provides rapid absorption and superior delivery. Isochrome is best taken with a meal.
Scientific Studies For nutraMetrix Isotonix® Isochrome*
• Anderson RA. Effects of chromium on body composition and weight loss. Nutr Rev. 1998; 56:266-270.
• Anderson RA, Bryden NA, Polansky MM. Lack of toxicity of chromium chloride and chromium picolinate in rats. J Amer Coll Nutr. 1997; 16:273-279.
• Cerulli J, Grabe DW, Gauthier I, et al. Chromium picolinate toxicity. Ann Pharmacother. 1998; 32:428-431.
• International Symposium on the Health Effects of Dietary Chromium. J Trace Elem Exp Med. 1999; 12:53-169.
• Kaats GR, Blum K, Fisher JA, Adelman JA. Effects of chromium picolinate supplementation on body composition: a randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled study. Curr Therap Res. 1996; 57:747-756.
• Merz W. Chromium in human nutrition: a review. J Nutr. 1993; 123:626-633.
• Speetjens JK, Collins RA, Vincent JB, Woski SA. The nutritional supplement chromium (III) tris (picolinate) cleaves DNA. Chem Res Toxicol. 1999; 12:483-487.
• Crane FL, Sun IL, Sun EE. The essential functions of coenzyme Q. Clin Investig. 1993; 71(Suppl):S55-S59.
• Folkers K, Mortensen SA, Littarru GP, Yamagami T, Lenaz G, eds. The biochemical and clinical aspects of coenzyme Q. Clin Investig. 1993; 71(Suppl):S51-S178.
• Folkers K, Vadhanavikit S, Mortensen SA. Biochemical rationale and myocardial tissue data on the protective therapy of cardiomyopathy with coenzyme Q10. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1985; 82:901-904.
• Bohmer T, Rynding A, Solberg HE. Carnitine levels in human serum in health and disease. Clin Chim Acta. 1974; 57:55-61.
• Brevetti G, Chiarello M, Ferulano G, et al. Increases in walking distance in patients with peripheral vascular disease: a double-blind, cross-over study. Circul. 1988; 77:767-773.
• Prockup LD, Engel WK, Shug AL. Nearly fatal muscle carnitine deficiency with full recovery after replacement therapy. Neurol. 1983; 33:1629-1631.
• Rebouche CJ. Carnitine function and requirements during the life cycle. FASEB J. 1992; 6:3379-3386.
• Rebouche CJ, Paulson DJ. Carnitine metabolism and function in humans. Ann Rev Nutr. 1986; 6:41-68.
Isotonix Delivery System
Isotonic, which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration, referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues. In order for a substance to be absorbed and used in the body’s metabolism, it must be transported in an isotonic state.
Isotonix dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution. This means that the body has less work to do in obtaining maximum absorption. The isotonic state of the suspension allows nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.With Isotonix products, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results.
Key Ingredients Found In nutraMetrix Isotonix® Isochrome*
Chromium picolinate is an essential trace mineral which promotes efficient functioning of insulin, which is important because good insulin activity is critical for hunger control, supporting metabolism, building and retaining muscle and vital organ tissue. Chromium picolinate is good for individuals trying to lose weight since it helps retain muscle mass. When muscle tissue is lost, it may reduce the metabolic rate.
Chromium arginate is a form of chromium that is bonded with the essential amino acid Arginine. Like chromium picolinate, it too can support normal insulin activity and the metabolism of protein, fat and carbohydrates. Together with chromium picolinate, chromium arginate helps to support cardiovascular health by helping to maintain normal insulin sensitivity. It also helps maintain healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels, preserve lean muscle mass and control sugar cravings.
Coenzyme Q10 belongs to a family of substances called ubiquinones and is a fat-soluble, wax-like substance that is part of the respiratory chain. It is synthesized in the cells and is involved in electron transport and energy production in mitochondria where about 95 percent of the total energy required by the human body is generated. In the cellular system, CoQ10 functions to generate energy from oxygen, in the form of ATP. CoQ10 also exhibits activity as a free radical scavenger and an antioxidant. The antioxidant activity in the mitochondria and cell membranes protects against peroxidation of lipid membranes.* Coenzyme Q10 can be found in spinach, broccoli, nuts, meats and fish. In the body, it is found in highest concentration in the cells of the heart, liver, kidney, spleen and pancreas, which all require vast amounts of energy. Supplementation with CoQ10 may be most beneficial for adults because the levels of CoQ10 in the body tend to peak around the age of 20 and then decline with age.
L-carnitine is an amino acid that is found in nearly all cells of the body. L-carnitine supports fat metabolism in the heart, organs and tissue. L-carnitine occurs naturally in animal products and only very small amounts are found in plants, with a few exceptions, such as avocado and some fermented soy products. It also plays an essential role in the transporting of long chain fatty acids into the mitochondria of the cell, which results in additional energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). L-carnitine is synthesized in the body, mainly in the liver and kidneys, from the essential amino acids L-lysine and L-methionine.
Lipase is a fat-digesting enzyme that supports the body's normal breakdown of dietary fats into an absorbable form. Lipases, such as human pancreatic lipase, support the normal conversion of triglyceride substrates found in oils from food to monoglycerides and free fatty acids. Some lipases also work within the interior spaces of living cells to support the normal degradation of lipids.
Frequently Asked Questions*
What is the best time of day to take nutraMetrix Isotonix® Isochrome? Because nutraMetrix Isotonix Isochrome contains CoQ10, a fat soluble co-enzyme, Isochrome is best taken with a meal.
Is chromium picolinate safe? Yes. Over 35 clinical trials have been conducted to analyze chromium picolinate and its effects. Studies have shown that 400 mcg per day is a good base level for most adults. If you are more active, you may need more. If you are less active or over the age of 65, 200 mcg per day is recommended.
Can you get L-carnitine from any food sources? Yes, L-carnitine can be found in meats, vegetables and grains. It typically comes in higher concentrations in red meats, such as beef or lamb, and in lower concentrations in white meats and vegetables. Since vegetables are low in carnitine, it is good to supplement your diet with L-carnitine.
What are the other ingredients in nutraMetrix Isotonix® Isochrome useful for? Isochrome also includes boron, potassium, and vitamins B2 and B6. Potassium is a mineral that helps maintain fluid balance in the body, promotes normal nerve transmission, muscle relaxation, glycogen and protein synthesis, and proper heartbeat. Vitamin B2 promotes glycogen synthesis, supports energy production, and supports the normal breakdown of fats while functioning as a cofactor in activating vitamin B6 and folic acid. Vitamin B6 helps to promote protein metabolism, and the normal break down of glycogen, supports the conversion of linoleic to arachidonic acid, and promotes the normal synthesis of brain chemicals, niacin, antibodies, red blood cells, DNA and elastin.
Displaying reviews 1 - 5 of 15
- Shop Consultant
Control your waistline
This product helps maintainhealth blood sugar level, supports health insulin activity,help with weight management.Our family use it more then for 10 years and got a lot benefit .
i will buy more
It really helps maintaining body weight
I use this to help me with my weight management...and I feel more energetic when I am taking it consistently!!
Love love love for weight loss
this product keeps my appetite in check, gives me energy and helps me lose weight! so worth the purchase - won't be without it! :)
- Shop Consultant
helps me manage hunger
I like that this product also has COQ10- so this fits two needs for me. If I take this on a regular basis I do not get those afternoon hungry pangs. You do need to take care to keep this out of heat or away from moisture - if you do that it then it works great